Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 18

Taking off yesterday was nice. Olivia slept 13hrs and 20 min. last night. She woke up happy and refreshed! She had plenty of beauty rest and it was perfect timing because she had her school picture today. She looked super cute.

Olivia was cranky arriving at the center. She cried going in, and for a little while inside. She was fine for awhile, got whiney again, and got over it. She stayed at the bottom of the chamber, which I really appreciate, and was happy getting out. The tech lifted her off the stretcher and she took his hand to go get a sticker. She then enjoyed some time with the receptionist admiring her and her stickers. She is making more and more friends! You can tell the staff is falling for her. Who could blame them?

When we went outside, Olivia ran to get a rock. It was a new run! It was a REAL run, not just a fast walk. The true definition of running is when at one point, both feet are off the ground. It was great! It was adorable. Jumping is next!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mary!
    A real RUN?! How awesome! Get the videocamera going!
    I love reading your posts! Getting to see Olivia go through the HBOT is so neat.
    Have you noticed a difference in yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like its a healing bin. I go in with a sore throat, I come out feeling better. I had a sore elbow..now all better! I had an injury to my shin, its healing up nicely. I can only hope and pray that its healing Olivia on the inside...healing anything that is keeping her from talking.

    Thank you for your comments! I love to come and see that someone has a response to what we are blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome! I love how you describe it. A healing bin.

    ReplyDelete