Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 32

Olivia was lively, energetic and happy today! She was alert and excited to interact with people. She had a great day at school and was smiling getting off the bus. After having her snack in the car, she took a nice nap on the drive to the HBOT center. I think she could've slept longer, but we had to wake her when we got there. She woke up slowly, but livened up when she saw her favorite people in the office.

Olivia was very cooperative going into the chamber. She lays right on me and puts her head down. Today the center was full of people, so Olivia waited patiently with her head down on my chest until we slid into the chamber and our movie started. Today we watched “Snow White and the 7 dwarfs.” When that finished, we watched “Lord of the Dance.” Olivia likes the music, singing, dancing, and the rhythm of the tapping and drums.

Olivia was happy during the dive. I can always tell when there is someone outside the chamber nearby because Olivia starts beaming with happy smiles and sounds. She likes to play games with the people outside the chamber. A simple game of putting her hand on the glass and having her playmate matching their hand to hers is great fun.

When we came out of the chamber, Olivia was full of energy and strength. She was pulling me and her favorite people around the office to find the special stickers. She used to not have the strength to pull anyone, usually I had to slow my walking to stay at her speed. Wow, how that has changed! Her happy run looked even more peppy than before. Her legs look much stronger. I'm thinking that they are now strong enough to jump, but she just needs to learn how. I'm also wondering if she still needs her ankle braces. She looks great! When I pick her up and spin her around, her body is much tighter and stronger. She can pull her body into me and bring her knees up. I'm loving it!

Today was our last dive of the week. I'll try to take some home videos to demonstrate her new strength and skills. Our next dive will be next Monday.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment