Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 28

Olivia was funny today. When we were walking into the HBOT's front door, Olivia noticed it wasn't the usual receptionist at the desk. She abruptly stopped in her tracks and wouldn't walk in. She knows the person who was at the desk, it just wasn't who she was expecting. I picked her up and brought her in. I made sure to find out the tech that she loves was in the other room and as soon as Olivia saw her, she dropped my hand like a bad habit and went running to her.

I don't think I mentioned this yet, but I found a way to get Olivia to say “mama” I've been trying to get her to say it for years now. If I say it with a scruffy 'frog in the throat' voice, she'll repeat it (in a scruffy voice) Its really funny, but not how I imagined my daughter would say “mama” I guess beggers can't be choosers. She still doesn't call me “mama” but its a start!

She actually doesn't label anything. She whines to get my attention and will then sign. She hasn't comprehended the concept of names yet. I wish she would!

No comments:

Post a Comment