Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 29

Today felt like a Friday. Olivia was very tired, and I'm not sure why. She's been sleeping pretty well at night. I'm hoping its because she is developing and not fighting an illness.

She was cranky in the chamber...very 'sensory' seeking. She likes tight squeezes, likes to bite things and nudge her head into people. Unfortunately for me, I was at the receiving end of all that stimuation. I don't have anywhere to go in that chamber. I am vulnerable to head butts, biting, and just getting my personal space invaded. Even though its very small in the chamber, if positioned well, we could both be comfortable and have some personal space. Olivia purposely gets into my space. She puts her face on my face. She pushes her weight into me. She nudges her head into mine. She bites on my clothing with the risk of getting my skin as well.

I really don't know how to help her with this. All I know is that its no fun to be close to her when she's like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment