Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 31

We are in the home stretch! Today was pretty good. It felt more like a Tues. than a Friday. Funny huh? Olivia was tired coming off the school bus and slept the entire ride to the center. . She woke up very sleepy, but happy. She was calm getting into the chamber and for awhile inside.

Then she started army crawling me. She just wanted to get up close to me. I think she wanted to count my freckles, but her nails need trimming, so she was scratching me instead and I had to stop her. She sang a little in the chamber and was pretty calm throughout the dive.

When we came out of the chamber, that all changed! She was super energetic and excited. She was checking out the center and all the people in it. When we finally left, she went running throughout the parking lot.

Olivia is getting a bit more defiant. She'll shake her head “no” when asked to do something that she doesn't want to do. Thats pretty new. She has an opinion now... She used to just go with the flow. I could take a toy away from her and it never phased her. Now, if its something she really likes (like play dough) she'll get mad! Its not making my life easier, but I guess its a good thing developmentally.

This morning we we finished getting Olivia ready for school, I told her we need to get her coat on to go to school. She got all happy and said “go go go!” It was really clear and appropriate!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Such great news all around! Even the defiance is good! :)

    ReplyDelete