Monday, September 28, 2009

First HBOT Session

We made it through our first HBOT session! I was a little nervous/excited...but luckily it all went well. On our drive there, I let Olivia watch a “My Baby Can Read” video. Not because I necessarily desire her to read right now, but its still good for her and she really likes it! I taped her watching it and we can compare her response to it weekly.


Olivia was happy to be at the office, its very pretty there. We checked in and went over to the chamber room. There are three chambers side by side and a little boy was getting into one. Olivia was fine sitting on the stretcher, but when we needed her to lay down so that they could slide her in, she cried. The tech suggested I go in with her, so I took off my jacket and shoes and layed on stretcher. Olivia layed on me and she pushed us in. With Oliiva on top of me, there wasn't any extra room above her. It was tight! Eventually Olivia slid down my body and hung out by my legs. The chamber is perfectly clear and we could easily see everything around us and could hear the hiss of the oxygen being pumped in and the music of “Wiggly Wiggly Christmas” (Olivia's favorite video)


It all happened so fast, I did'n't have time to think about it...and I'm guessing thats a good thing. My ears started popping..Olivia doesn't know to swallow and I forgot in the rush to bring in her drink. She was rubbing her ears, but didn't seem to be in any discomfort. We sang along with the video most of the time and played with Grandpa through the glass. My parents are really helping us through this adventure. Grandma is staying home with Eve, and is preparing us dinner. Grandpa is driving us, staying with us, and video taping. We are very thankful for their help! Thank you!


The time went fairly quickly..Olivia and I snuggled, sang, looked around..etc. Decompressing wasn't too bad, Olivia was whining, but I also think she was tired. When we slid out, Olivia was very happy, babbling a lot and full of energy! We ran around the lobby for awhile since we have a long ride back. She was very thirsty and hungry on the ride home. I'm glad my mom packed snacks, cause she ate a whole PB&J sandwich, some pretzel rods and yogurt raisens.


We took alot of videos and a couple pics, so I'll try to post them as soon as I can.


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see photos and videos! I'm glad she's doing so well. Hope you are hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete