Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 3

I have to say that Olivia has been happier lately. She still fights getting dressed and her hair done, but on the whole, she's been more cheerful and playful. For example, when Olivia was coming home today on the bus, she saw me through the bus window and started smiling, clapping and vocalizing. She energetically came off the bus and chased me up the driveway. Also, last night when we got home, I put Eve to sleep and came downstairs to find Olivia playing very nicely with playdoh. (her favorite) It was different though..she was squeezing it and pressing it into the table and her belly. She was pushing her fingers into it much stronger than I've ever seen her. It was good! Olivia also got a good report from school today. Her teacher wrote that she did very well with her 1:1 instruction. She mastered 2 simple commands: stand up and clap hands. Its a start!

Everyday on the way to the HBOT center, we play the “Baby Can Read” video and tape her watching it. Today she did much better! It sounded like she said “Hi” while waving and tried to say “dog” but it sounded more like “gog” Its coming! She's also quicker to follow the commands, clap, arms up, arms down, open mouth, touch your nose.

Surprisingly, I'm getting more nervous each time we come to the HBOT center. In my mind I'm trying to stay positive. I was hoping Olivia would want to take a nap in the chamber, but she always falls asleep on the way there. I can't help but worry that I'll need to pee while in the chamber and there's nothing I can do. Yeah... that came to fruition today...it doesn't help that Olivia likes to rest on top of me. The last ten minutes were tough. When we got out, I had to rush to the bathroom, which is out of the office and down the hall! I didn't even put my shoes on!

Olivia anticipated the chamber earlier today. Yesterday it was when we took our shoes off. Today it was when we got out of the car. I gave her some granola bar thinking maybe she's getting hungry in there and we can't bring anything in with us except a drink. Maybe I'll try bringing one in tomorrow. The only problem with that is, I'm probably gonna get soaked in her drool. Its bad enough when she's crying that her tears, drool, and yes, runny nose get all over me! (Thats being a mom for ya!) With a drink, its just gonna get wetter.

It seemed a little stuffier today..I felt warmer and was afraid the glass would fog up. It was like being in a car with the engine turned off in the rain. I'm glad the glass didn't fog up, that would've freaked me out! The air is coming from behind my head, so I think the pillow was blocking it a little.. Tomorrow I'll use a flatter pillow.

As time went by, I got more anxious, (as my bladder felt fuller) and Olivia got calmer. I'm thinking tomorrow will be better. Grandma and Eve are coming tomorrow!

1 comment: