Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 2


Olivia came home from school very happy. On the hour drive to the center, Olivia took a nap. I don't know if that was a good thing or not. When we got there, we went right in. Olivia didn't seem too happy about going back in. She started frowning as we were taking off our shoes. She was whining as we slid into the chamber and was cranky most of the dive. We tried changing the movie two times and that helped a little. The problem is that she doesn't want to be on her back looking up at the t.v. , so she is looking at me or around the room and just hears the movie. I got her to watch Barney for awhile and she was calm, but it was short-lived. When we had about 15 minutes left, Olivia signed “all done.” There was some crying then..and she looked like she wanted to get out, but the tech then put on Elmo and she calmed down for the rest of the time.


Did I say that the chamber was tight? I wish I would've lost a few pounds beforehand, so there would be more room to get comfortable. I thought I would've felt more claustrophic. I had a fear of submarines, but since the chamber is clear, I focus on outside the chamber and not the boundaries of the glass. Its also nice and cool, and you can feel the air coming in, which helps alot. Its easy for my mind to wander into scary thoughts, but I work hard to keep them at bay and distract myself with Olivia or the t.v.


I think the time went a little faster today..maybe cause I was working hard to keep Olivia happy. When we slid out, Olivia didn't even try to get up. My dad lifted her off me and then she was all happy and energetic again. We play 'ready, set, go!' and ran down the hall to the bathroom. Supposedly the pressure of the chamber affects your bladder...I don't think having Olivia laying on my bladder helps either. My dad showed Olivia how to press the button on the water fountain. She thought it was hilarious!


Onto day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment